Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week #1 Recap

Plan :
So, the plan for this week is as follows:
Monday - 35 minutes
Tuesday - Personal Trainer and Massage
Wednesday - 20 minutes
Thursday - 5x800m (around 8:45-9 pace) with 400m recovery at 10 
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 9 miles


Actual:
So, the plan for this week is as follows:
Monday - 35 minutes, Done 3.95 miles, pace avg. 8:51
Tuesday - Personal Trainer and Massage - Did Fitness assessment and Massage
Wednesday - 20 minutes - Walked at Work, REALLY sore from massage, but walking was good ;)
Thursday - 5x800m (around 8:45-9 pace) with 400m recovery at 10 - Did not do speed due to soreness and need to recover so instead ran for 35 min, 3.35 miles on treadmill, pace avg. 10.32
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 9 miles - DONE!  Awesome run outside this morning with my Team in Training friends, did the 9 in 1:34:47 for a pace avg of 10.32 (oddly the same as my last treadmill run) but so much better being outside!



Glad I kept with my goals, it was a really tough week as I was incredibly SORE from the massage.  My upper back is really bad and between the sports massage and all my chiro adjustments I had pain everywhere!  Keep in mind that I also can't take any meds for it as well so I had a lot of Epsom salt baths and used Tiger Balm non stop in addition to my beloved foam roller.


What are your favorite med-free ways to deal with pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment