Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's All About the Magic!

When we were at Disney World in October, 2010 I remember one of the kids asking a question about why something happened the way it did at Disney.  A cast member, who happened to be within ear shot, stepped in and answered "It's all about the Magic!"  We use that phrase quite often around our house and on every Disney trip at least a few times since then.

Well, today, my friends it was all about the Magic!  It is no secret that I LOVE DISNEY!  I have no clue how many times I have been to Disney World - probably at least 15, Disneyland Paris once and we are going to Disneyland for the first time Labor Day Weekend so I can get my Coast 2 Coast Medal and run the Disneyland Half Marathon.  I kinda love Disney even more since I started running and completed the Princess Half Marathon.   All I wanted to do during that race was get a picture with Louis!


So Magical, LOL.  Disney + Running = Awesome, Magical time in my book! My next big, to do, was to get into the 2013 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and register for the Goofy!  (More on Goofy Later)  Mind you, I have already used our DVC points to book Animal Kingdom Lodge for the weekend of the races.

Registration is opening at Noon, EST on April 10, 2012.  I have a note in my running log, my iPhone calendar is all set with an alert 30 minutes ahead of time, and I asked the people at RunDisney to send me an email when it is time.  Needless to say, I have been kind of worried about this race selling out since it is the 20th anniversary...

SOOO, Imagine my surprise today when I was casually checking my email on my iPhone and saw this!
View this email with images | Add us to your address book
Disney Logo
Exclusive Cardmember Savings with Early Registration
Ready, set, save!
Register early for the 20th anniversary, 2013 Walt Disney World(R) Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna and get special savings for early registration plus additional savings for being a Cardmember
Register Now
Save $15 off early registration price Cardmember price $135 on the Walt Disney World MarathonSave $15 off early registration price Cardmember price $135 on the Walt Disney World Half MarathonSave $30 off early registration price Cardmember price $290 on Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
Join us for a marathon celebration 20 years in the making! You'll run across magical Disney touches at every mile, including a spectacular surprise at mile 20. And, we're creating a brand-new Mickey Mouse finisher medal you'll cherish forever.

Marathon runners will follow a 26.2-mile course that takes you through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, including:
Magic Kingdom(R) Park, Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Theme Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios(R), Epcot(R)
In addition to the Walt Disney World® Marathon, you can get your feet moving in the Half Marathon and Goofy Challenge.

With savings and races filled with this much Disney magic, you'd be Goofy to miss it!

Learn more about the Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend events.
Hurry before this offer crosses the finish line! Use your Disney's Visa Card to take advantage of this offer by June 19, 2012
Register Now
See details below. The Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend is January 10-13, 2013
Disney Visa Card

SM, © Disney


Really, was this serious!  I knew as a Visa card member I would get a discount, but to register today... Right now!!!! WOW!

So, register I did!  Here is a link, if you are so inclined as well
http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail.cfm?CHECKSSO=0&EVENT_ID=2020523

No guarantees if it will work for you, but thought I would get it out there, as I'm sure it may just make your day magical too!

Now, I can proudly add 2013 Goofy Challenge to my race schedule!  For those of you who do not know what a Goofy Challenge is, it is a half marathon on Saturday and a full marathon on Sunday.  That is right, 39.3miles in one weekend!  Now, I know it won't be easy and I'm not planning on any PR's only magical memories and hoping some good friends join me in the challenge!

Thank you Disney for making my day!


2 comments:

  1. Which one is Louis???? Okay, that means training is going to be sooooooooooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louis is the fuzzy, green aligator! I kept seeing him in all of the RunDisney ads for the race and made it my mission to get my picture with him on race day!

      Delete