Friday, March 16, 2012

Please help me find a Cure!

Until there is a cure, there is no finish line.

As many of you are aware, I ran my first Half Marathon with Team in Training. As I now prepare for a full Marathon, I thought it was only fitting that I participate once again, with Team in Training to race for a cure.

I already had a spot for Chicago, I got lucky with that one.  Yesterday, though, I saw a Facebook message from TnT announcing the fall line up.  I have been so excited about my first marathon, and I saw Chicago was on the TnT list as well.  My first Half, the Flying Pig in 2010, was such a special event to me.  Largely, because of Team in Training and the support my family and I received.  I have made so many wonderful friends, and continue to train with the team most Saturday mornings.

Even though I already had a spot, I kinda wondered to myself if I could still be part of TnT for this event and raise $$$ for a cure.  I sent a private FB message to the coordinator asking if I could participate, but not take a spot from someone who didn't have one for Chicago.  Minutes later she called me.  "Of course you can participate with the Team," was her response.  I was so excited!  This will make my first marathon, and the journey to it, all that more special!

SOOO
I will be running in Chicago, on October 7, 2012, in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon – that is right, I’m committing to 26.2 miles for a CURE!

The support my family and I have received from TnT has been priceless as we navigate my mother's diagnosis of Follicular Lymphoma. The least I can do is continue to RUN for a cure. I’m asking you to partner with me in this endeavor by making a donation to my fundraising campaign using the link on the side of my blog.

Thank you for every one's support!  I am really looking forward to taking this journey, once again, with Team in Training in hopes of making a small difference in someones life!

1 comment: