Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bulgogi and Mr. Chicken

Well, today I had my parents over for dinner.  I made everyone's favorite dish, Bulgogi.   Granted I can't eat it anymore, and Monkey, who was born in S.Korea wants nothing to do with this ethnic wonder, it turned out great.  Instead of the normal beef used, I used some venison backstrap. I sliced it thin and added the CORN allergic marinade (this is per handful of meat per a Korean friend):
4 tbl Soy Sauce
2 Tbs Mirin
2 Tbs Sugar or Honey
1 Tbs Chopped Garlic
1 Tbs Sesame Oil
Some Sesame Seeds and Pepper
2 Tbs Pear or Apple Juice

Let this marinade for a bit with the meat in the fridge, a few hours is all that is needed and then put in a nice flat pan.  I love my big All Clad, and use chopsticks to move the meat around as it cooks.  What did I partake in you ask?  Oh, how sweet of you!!! I had some venison marinated in Our Daily Red Sulfite Free and Organic Red wine and Garlic with a touch of EVOO from Italy.  This was all served over rice.

Mr. Chicken ended up going home with my mom to cook.  It appears that frozen chickens can take a while to defrost, more than the day that I allowed so he will be ready for me around 5:30 tomorrow night after we get done with Sweet Pea's ortho appt.

In non food or allergy related issues, Baby Beak needs love! I told Hubby to relocate his house back to the family room so he can be more a part of our daily activities.  Hopefully we will do this soon. Isn't he cute???

No comments:

Post a Comment