Monday, June 27, 2011

Prepare and Relax

These allergies are actually blessings. I had quite a few discussions with my Italian coworkers today about my allegies. Each one commented on how good I looked and I mentioned how much better I feel. The main point of our discussions was it it simply something that must be managed. Isnt that true? Allergies are not my life, they are a part of me that I always have to think about and be aware but they will not hold me back. I am happy I got over my fears and got my butt over here.
I went to the iCoop to buy my lunch today. I got some smoked salmon and yogurt and had that with my crackers. Oh yea, I ate Breakfast too so far and none of it was something I brought with me! Two hard boiled eggs and a kiwi. Both meals went great. I also took pear from the canteen and had it as an afternoon snack.
After work I took around a three mile walk and stopped to talk to Christiano. He is the owner of Lo Squalo, where I will be dining tonight. He was shocked by all of my new allergies but had no concerns about being able to help me. Christiano did suggest that he grill my steak on the grill in the back as the one up front is also used for pork.
I'm glad I'm here and having a nice time in a world different from my day to day life. We cNt be held back by allergies and the fear they bring with them, it's not worth it! Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment