Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Im BAAAACCCCKKK!

Sorry I left, I was just feeling, well negative.  I do not want this allergy to be a negative thing in my life.  So many good things have come from it but at that time, I felt I was dwelling on it and perhaps revolving my life around it.  But you know what, it is a huge part of my life and I can make of it whatever I choose.  I choose to be positive and manage this.

About a month ago I had TWO bad reactions in one weekend, scared the crap out of me.  The first was a Friday night, after dinner at the golf club my throat was closing and I felt awful.  I didn't think it was the food as I have had the same thing before, but you never know.  We went to get the kids at my parents and I started to notice a weird smell, kind of like old lady shampoo, lol.  I could not figure out what it came from, none the less, I took a ton of benadryl and even my rescue inhaler and things subsided for the night.  Woke up again and OMG the smell was back!  Throat started closing again.  Well, hubby went and got new deodorant.... the Advanced Degree brand that puts out extra fragrance when you sweat.  Um yea!  That was my problem.  Went to the store and got him the old brand that we can both safely use and the new stuff went in the trash.  Sunday I had another reaction but can not for the life of me remember what it was caused from.  That is why I need this blog, to document my journey, lessons and my progress.

I'm starting to read Allergic Girl, and it has me thinking.  Thinking about all the anxiety that can come along with these food allergies.  These allergies can do some nasty things but they can also do some really great things when they are gone, like take away pain, reduce sinus infections, etc.  I will always be anxious for the next reaction, always weary when trying something "safe" for the first time, but I will also live my life and be positive about this.  I will document my successes and failures but not dwell on the bad parts, just learn from them.  There is no getting around it, this is a huge issue to overcome in my day to day living but a positive attitude will prevail.

Sorry this post does not have a great flow to it, just wanted to get my thoughts out there for now.  Stay tuned for my trip to Italy and planning details ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment