Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Packing some Food

Not too sure about food on this trip to Italy, I went once already this year (had throat swelling and face/neck redness after eating a lunch of white beans and green beans there - prompted me to get tested again) but at that time I only thought I had nut and peanut allergies.  This time it's a whole different ball game with all of the new allergies.

While I know a few of the restaurant owners on a personal level and a co-worker offered to go with me to the Coop (market there), I still do not know if there will be enough for me to safely eat so I'm packing a bunch of trusty items to get me thru if need be.
I'm going to bring a few things in the carry on with me: chips, crackers, pineapple, possible the instant oats (I've had luck with the quick cook from this brand so I will try the instant tomorrow to be sure), sunflower seeds and raisins.  The rest will go in the suitcase - my tuna, sardines and applesauce has to due to liquid regulations and I do not want to risk getting the tuna taken away even though it says it is not packed in any liquids.  I am also planning on bringing plastic baggies so I can bag snacks to have at work with me thru the day and some plastic knives and forks for the tuna and sardines incase I need a quick dinner in my room.

I sure wish I could bring a cooler with me but usually cheeses from Italy that I have purchased from Whole Foods have been safe so that will be a good option there for me too.  Any other ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment