Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Really??

Well, figured out on my Saturday run that my foot problem is a nerve impingement.  Nerve impingements can be caused by lacing your shoes too tight and aggravated by wearing compression socks!  Who knew???  It is just a habit that when I go for a longer run, I put on my trusty pair of $55 compression socks!   Common sense sometimes needs to kick in.  None the less, the foot pain was back and it has been getting better, although I have not been able to test it out by running.

Why you ask??

Well, with less than 2 weeks left to go to the Disney Princess Half, I now have the virus hubby and Monkey had.  Today is day three, which according to their stats, should be the last day.  Yesterday was chest congestion and a non stop runny nose with ill feelings all over.  Today greeted me with headache, swollen glands, runny nose (although I only hope to use one box of Keenex, not the two I used since 5 pm last night) and ill feelings all over.  Geeze, I can't win!

See, this is why running is a mental game.  Can I just say, well, I hurt my foot and have a virus, so much for the half?? UM NO!  Mentally, I can do it even if it means run/walking it.  Im hoping to get a run in tomorrow and until then I will drink lots of water and fresh squeezed OJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment